Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

St. Nicks Day

OK so for those of you who don't know I married a man from Wisconsin lol and sometimes our traditions vary just a tad so we try to incorporate them all basically our kids will grow up and carry them on we hope. for the past few years my hubby has been asking me when we were filling up the stockings for our little guys. I was raised with the tradition that your stockings were filled Christmas eve, but the hubby was brought up a little different....Today is December the 5th which is St. Nicks day...now honestly didn't know too much about him till I did some research. the tradition is to leave your boots (stockings) on your bedroom door and if you wake up and there is coal in them you have been naughty but if theres candy and a small gift then you know Santa Claus is coming the 24th. now at my house anything is a reason to celebrate the season. So for the first time this year we are participating in st. nicks day.I bought some Christmas candy and each of the kids a small toy under $5.00 we are decorating our stockings today and will place them on our doors tonight will be most definitely posting pics of the kids waking to their treats lol I would love to hear some traditions that you and your families do each year. traditions are a wonderful way to bridge the gap between generations. Sorry I haven't posted that cookie recipe yet all of my little ones have been sick the past few days so not much has gotten done. Have a wonderful day y'all

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful how you blend it all together so the kids can get a taste of both family traditions, way to go! My hubby is from Wisconsin too, never been there, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Mrs. sue lol that a funny coincidence the only thing I can tell you is there are cows EVERYWHERE they have the best cheese on this earth. Really I am not kidding lol and its cold most of the year not just a little but bone chilling summers nice up there though barely any humidity. We are moving up there in another year or so after the babys born to be closer to our family and friends. Maybe you can come visit sometime if you ever want to see wi. lol our homes always open to friends :) Traditions are so important so many people my age skimp on them and I feel thats sad they can teach your kids so much about the family and the different seasons :)

    ReplyDelete