Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This months going to be a little different...

Ok so when I think of the holidays  I think of all those holiday treats that I LOVE to make so this month instead of just having recipes on thursdays I will be posting at least 2 a week on tuesday and thursday if not more :) there are so many wonderful recipes that I would love to share that make it kind of exasperating to pick out my favorites for only one time a week.  Tis the season to share right? lol Alright then todays recipe is.......

BUCKEYES
 
 

 
These tasty peanut butter balls rolled in chocolate are AMAZING. Growing up I always remember going to my grandmothers the weekend before christmas eve and making these little chocolate morsels until there were tins of them were EVERYWHERE you looked. They hold such fond memories of my childhood that I am delighted to share this recipe with y'all and be able to carry on the tradition with my little ones :) And even better except for the dipping them in chocolate part the little guys will have a blast rolling them into balls without having to worry about them getting hurt which is my Favorite kind of recipe. this is what you need :

2 lbs. Peanut butter creamy or crunchy depends on what ya like
1 pound butter room temperature
3 pounds powdered sugar
2 12-ounce packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 of a bar of paraffin wax
toothpicks for dipping
waxed paper


ok here we go in a large mixing bowl cream your peanut butter and butter . then add powdered sugar gradually till you have a dough you can roll into balls easily. I roll them into 1 inch balls usually stick a tooth pick in top and set them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet then place them in the fridge for about 15 minutes to chill them :) now while they are cooling you need to do some melting. next in a double boiler (or if your like me and dont have one heat a pot of boiling water get a large glass or metal mixing bowl and voila a homemade double boiler :) melt your chocolate chips and paraffin wax till smooth. right about now those delicious peanut butter balls should be ready to be dipped they need to be cool enough to be slightly firm to your touch. Now for the best part dip each ball in the chocolate melted goodness and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper I usually use the same pan let them set out and the chocolate will firm take the toothpicks out and enjoy. this recipe makes about 375 balls to 400 depending on the size you roll them into if you would like you can cut the ingredients by half to make a smaller batch. also instead of chocolate chips you can use white chocolate butterscotch chips and I have even heard someone use the white chocolate peppermint kisses never dont that one myself but it sure sounds great hope y'all all have a wonderful week and I will catch ya on the flip side next time around  

2 comments:

  1. Love the festive look here girlie! And that header is adorable! Don't be shy about making fudge, I've had many batches not set but that didn't stop me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mrs. sue the more time I spend on here the more I learn :) Its looking better and better each post lol plus what other thing do I have more delight in than my family? (besides crafting hehe) I will definitely be trying that fudge recipe you posted yesterday and will pray the whole time its setting lol

    ReplyDelete